The Mae Fah Luang Chiang Rai International Airport is a small airport with about a million passengers a year and serves the northern Thai city of Chiang Rai. Facilities are very limited here and only two coffee shops can be found at the airport.
- 8 km.
- THB 200
- ท่าอากาศยานแม่ฟ้าหลวง เชียงราย
- Chiang Rai International Airport
- Look for flights to Chiang Rai
- Find a hotel in Chiang Rai
Which airlines fly to Mae Fah Luang Chiang Rai International Airport?
Where is Mae Fah Luang Chiang Rai International Airport located?
The airport is located 8 km northeast of Chang Rai city center.
How much does a taxi cost from the airport to Chiang Rai city centre?
The airport is located close to the city so taxis are cheap. A taxi into the city would cost about THB 200. All the prices are on display outside at the taxi stand. There is no public bus or train.
All prices quoted here were found in July 2017
What are popular destinations from Mae Fah Luang Chiang Rai International Airport?
Most flights from Mae Fah Luang Chiang Rai International Airport are to Bangkok and to Bangkok but there are many more flights to other destinations as well, most of them by Thai AirAsia. Every day there are flights to 6 destinations from Mae Fah Luang Chiang Rai International Airport. Here are the most popular destinations:
- 1. Bangkok: Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK)
- 2. Bangkok: Don Mueang International Airport (DMK)
- 3. Phuket: Phuket International Airport (HKT)
- 4. Hat Yai: Hat Yai International Airport (HDY)
- 5. Hong Kong: Hong Kong International Airport (HKG)
- 6. Kuala Lumpur: Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL)