Chiang Mai International Airport is the main gateway into Northern Thailand. The airport handles over 5 million passengers per year. The airport has two terminals, one for domestic and one for international flights.
- 3 km.
- THB 160
- Look for flights to Chiang Mai
- Find a hotel in Chiang Mai
Which airlines fly to Chiang Mai International Airport?
Where is Chiang Mai International Airport located?
Chiang Mai International Airport is located only 3 km south of downtown Chiang Mai.
How to get from the airport to Chiang Mai city centre by public transport?
Bus line number 4 will take you to the city center for only 15 baht or you can take a tuk-tuk or songthaew for 60 baht.
How much does a taxi cost from the airport to Chiang Mai city centre?
Taxis charge a flat rate of 160 baht to anywhere in the city and depart at the left side of the terminal.
All prices quoted here were found in July 2017
What are popular destinations from Chiang Mai International Airport?
Most flights from Chiang Mai International Airport are to Bangkok and to Bangkok but there are many more flights to other destinations as well, most of them by Bangkok Airways. Every day there are flights to 5 destinations from Chiang Mai International Airport. Here are the most popular destinations:
- 1. Bangkok: Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK)
- 2. Bangkok: Don Mueang International Airport (DMK)
- 3. Yangon: Yangon International Airport (RGN)
- 4. Luang Prabang: Luang Prabang International Airport (LPQ)
- 5. Koh Samui: Samui International Airport (USM)