Tawau Airport is a domestic airport located near Tawau in the state of Sabah in Malaysian Borneo. Facilities at the airport are limited. There is an ATM but sometimes it does not work, make sure you have enough Ringgit with you on arrival.
Tawau is close to the famous diving islands Sipadan island, Mabul island and Kapalai island.
- 30 km.
- Lapangan Terbang Tawau
- Look for flights to Tawau
- Find a hotel in Tawau
Which airlines fly to Tawau Airport?
Where is Tawau Airport located?
Tawau Airport is located far away from the city, more than 30 km east from the city.
How to get from the airport to Tawau city centre by public transport?
A shuttle bus runs between Tawau and the airport with a fare of RM 10 but there are only 5 departures a day and the last bus departs at 17:00 hour.
How much does a taxi cost from the airport to Tawau city centre?
Taxi coupons are available in the terminal, the fixed price for an airport taxi into Tawau is RM 45.
How does the airport look like?
What are popular destinations from Tawau Airport?
Most flights from Tawau Airport are to Kota Kinabalu and to Kuala Lumpur but there are many more flights to other destinations as well, most of them by AirAsia. Every day there are flights to 6 destinations from Tawau Airport. Here are the most popular destinations:
- 1. Kota Kinabalu: Kota Kinabalu International Airport (BKI)
- 2. Kuala Lumpur: Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL)
- 3. Sandakan: Sandakan Airport (SDK)
- 4. Bandar Seri Begawan: Brunei International Airport (BWN)
- 5. Johor Bahru: Senai International Airport (JHB)
- 6. Tarakan: Juwata International Airport (TRK)