Looking for a cheap flight from Auckland to Whangarei (AKL-WRE)?
Before you book a flight you can use Utiket to find the cheapest flights from Auckland to Whangarei for Air New Zealand. All flight data are real-time and accurate. Utiket finds all the cheapest flights from Auckland to Whangarei.
Flight time and time difference
- On average the flight time between Auckland and Whangarei is about 40 min.
- There is no time difference between these cities. The timezone for both cities is: UTC +13:00. The local time now: 18:00:55.
- There are 1 airlines flying from Auckland to Whangarei.
- Weekly there are 3 flights between Auckland to Whangarei.
- The earliest flight from Auckland to Whangarei is at 10:05.
- The latest flight is at 17:50.
About Auckland Airport
The Auckland Airport (formerly called Auckland International Airport and also locally known as Mangere Airport) is the main gateway into New Zealand. With well over 16 million passengers a year it is the largest and busiest airport in New Zealand as well as one of the busiest in the Pacific Region.
About Whangarei Airport
The Whangerai Airport is a with over 100.000 passengers a year a small airport located 8 km southeast of the city of Whangarei, on the east coast of the North Island.The airport has a single terminal and one runway and is constructed on the Onerahi peninsula.
The terminal is small and simple but it is air-conditioned, has free wifi and a cafe. A recent constructed glass walk-through-tunnel protects passengers from the weather when accessing parking gates 1 and 2 on the tarmac.
Air New Zealand Link has through its subsidiary Air Nelson, several daily flights using turboprop aircraft to Auckland while Barrier Air also has flights to Auckland and to Claris and Kaitaia.