Sultan Iskandarmuda Airport in Banda Aceh is named after the twelfth sultan of Aceh, Iskandar Muda. It serves mostly domestic destinations but also a few international ones.
- 16 km.
- IDR 80.000
- Bandar Udara Internasional Sultan Iskandar Muda
- Banda Aceh International Airport
- Look for flights to Banda Aceh
- Find a hotel in Banda Aceh
Which airlines fly to Sultan Iskandar Muda International Airport?
How many runways and passenger terminals does Sultan Iskandar Muda International Airport have?
The Sultan Iskandar Airport has one runway and one, recently constructed (2009) passenger terminal.
Where is Sultan Iskandar Muda International Airport located?
Sultan Iskandar Airport is located about 16 km southeast of Banda Aceh, the capital of Aceh Province in the northern tip of Sumatra.
How to get from the airport to Banda Aceh city centre by public transport?
Damri operates an airport bus which departs just after an aircraft lands so you need to hurry up. One-way ticket to Banda Aceh city center is 20.000 per person.
Alternatively you can catch the local labi-labi outside the main gates, which costs Rp 2500.
How much does a taxi cost from the airport to Banda Aceh city centre?
Airport taxis charge a fixed rate of Rp 80,000 for the 16 km ride to Banda Aceh while a taxi to Uleh-leh port to catch a boat to the nearby islands (Pulau Weh) will cost Rp 130,000.
All prices quoted here were found in May 2016
What are popular destinations from Sultan Iskandar Muda International Airport?
Most flights from Sultan Iskandar Muda International Airport are to Medan and to Jakarta but there are many more flights to other destinations as well, most of them by Lion Air. Every day there are flights to 8 destinations from Sultan Iskandar Muda International Airport. Here are the most popular destinations:
- 1. Medan: Kualanamu International Airport (KNO)
- 2. Jakarta: Soekarno–Hatta International Airport (CGK)
- 3. Kuala Lumpur: Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL)
- 4. Penang: Penang International Airport (PEN)
- 5. Jakarta: Halim Perdanakusuma International Airport (HLP)
- 6. Jeddah: King Abdulaziz International Airport (JED)