The Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman Airport, formerly Sepinggan International Airport, in Balikpapan is the largest airport and busiest airport in Kalimantan on the Indonesian side of Borneo.
- 5 km.
- IDR 70.000
- Bandar Udara Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman
- Sepinggan Airport
- Look for flights to Balikpapan
- Find a hotel in Balikpapan
Which airlines fly to Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman Airport?
How many runways and passenger terminals does Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman Airport have?
The Balikpapan Airport has one runway and one new (2014) and large passenger terminal with all modern facilities.
Where is Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman Airport located?
Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman Airport is located about 5 km east of Balikpapan.
How to get from the airport to Balikpapan city centre by public transport?
There are no public buses in Balikpapan, all public transport is by the small vans called angkot. You can take angkot route 7 on the highway just outside the airport gate, heading for Damai Terminal. Transfer there to route 1 or 3 for central Balikpapan. Total fare is less than Rp. 10.000
How much does a taxi cost from the airport to Balikpapan city centre?
Taxi's charge a fixed fare depending on the destination; to the city center is about Rp 70,000.
All prices quoted here were found in March 2016
What are popular destinations from Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman Airport?
Most flights from Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman Airport are to Jakarta and to Surabaya but there are many more flights to other destinations as well, most of them by Lion Air. Every day there are flights to 17 destinations from Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman Airport. Here are the most popular destinations:
- 1. Jakarta: Soekarno–Hatta International Airport (CGK)
- 2. Surabaya: Juanda International Airport (SUB)
- 3. Berau: Kalimarau Airport (BEJ)
- 4. Tarakan: Juwata International Airport (TRK)
- 5. Banjarmasin: Syamsudin Noor International Airport (BDJ)
- 6. Makassar: Sultan Hasanuddin International Airport (UPG)