The Komodo Airport is a small domestic airport providing air access to Flores, the Komodo Island and surrounding area. The airport's name comes from its location in the Komodo subdistrict (kecamatan) of the West Manggarai Regency, one of the six regencies on the island of Flores.
Komodo Airport was formerly known as Mutiara II Airport. Most of the passengers who use this airport are tourist heading for Komodo Island.
- 1 km.
- IDR 40.000
- Bandar Udara Komodo
- Mutiara II Airport
- Look for flights to Labuanbajo
- Find a hotel in Labuanbajo
Which airlines fly to Komodo Airport?
How many runways and passenger terminals does Komodo Airport have?
Komodo Airport has one new terminal (opened in 2015) and one runway. The runway was extended to 2250 meters and the airport is now capable of receiving larger (jet) aircraft like the B737, before only propeller aircraft could land here.
Where is Komodo Airport located?
The airport is located inside the the village, just about 1 km east from the main street.
How to get from the airport to Labuanbajo city centre by public transport?
Hotels and dive shops will meet flights and offer free lifts. A private taxi to town costs Rp 30,000.
All prices quoted here were found in August 2017
What are popular destinations from Komodo Airport?
Most flights from Komodo Airport are to Denpasar Bali and to Kupang but there are many more flights to other destinations as well, most of them by Wings Air. Every day there are flights to 8 destinations from Komodo Airport. Here are the most popular destinations:
- 1. Denpasar Bali: Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS)
- 2. Kupang: El Tari International Airport (KOE)
- 3. Surabaya: Juanda International Airport (SUB)
- 4. Jakarta: Soekarno–Hatta International Airport (CGK)
- 5. Lombok: Lombok International Airport (LOP)
- 6. Makassar: Sultan Hasanuddin International Airport (UPG)